Sunday, July 14, 2013

Hello I am Autumn and I enjoy baking much more than writing so please bear with my posts, I just feel the need to share my recipes, techniques, ideas, and pitfalls along my "professionally amateur" baking career or as I like to call it adventure. Along the way I hope to provide motivation and support to people of all backgrounds in a transparent way.
Just a little background on me--I learned to bake from several different means; the first being my mother, who baked for my sister and I all the time and we loved it. She really put the affection for baking into my soul and I thank her for it. I also learned honestly from watching professionals on the Food Network like Ina Garten, Bobby Flay, Julia Child and Giada DeLaurentis just to name a few; I also took a few cake decorating courses from The Wilton Method of Cake Decorating. I do however, feel that a person has to have a natural gift within them to understand how to work with food and how to make things taste great and look nice. I believe I am gifted when it comes to baking and working with food. I am not saying if you do not have this natural gift that you cannot be a great amateur baker but I do believe that having the gift makes your baking more effortless and fun. I truly enjoy baking, it actually helps me to release stress. I get such a high from producing a fine and quality product that I can be proud to put my name on. I love when my creations melt in your mouth and make people happy.

Feel free to tell me how you really feel, I appreciate reverent discourse and feedback! You can all check out more photos and get info on me at https://www.facebook.com/AutumnMillerCakes. I am also on Pinterest as Cakemommi. See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment